Become a Funeral Industry Professional
Intensive full of practical information on becoming a caring funeral arranger. This is a comprehensive course, with a suitably qualified tutor & funeral director that provides you with the necessary knowledge required to be a successful funeral arranger.
The funeral arranger course will give you the required skills to enable you to be well trained when working with the bereaved, and to confidently arrange and create a fitting funeral service.
Our enriching and rigorous curriculum covers theory and practical, real-world issues, to assist students in launching and establishing themselves as a professional funeral arranger.
What's in your Funeral Arrangers Course?
There are TWELVE Modules, which each contain several units.
Topics that will be covered in-depth:
- Funeral industry overview.
- The role of a funeral arranger.
- The first call.
- Viewing the person who has died.
- Embalming / last offices overview.
- Identification procedures.
- Liaison with the funeral director and their personnel.
- Gaining the appropriate information to allow you to contact the family, and the ongoing need to communicate with them.
- Liaising with family and friends.
- Client communication techniques.
- Client Q&A.
- Pre paid funeral plans.
- Working out the estimate / cost & invoicing.
- Booking the funeral service with crematoria / cemetery dept.
- The on call team.
- Post mortem information.
- Dealing with doctors and associated fees.
- The Coroner & Procurator fiscal.
- Accurate written and verbal instructions.
- Listening skills, grief awareness, empathy, confidentiality and respect.
- Understanding how to work with different personalities.
- A funeral arrangement that reflects the wishes of the family.
- Accurate interpretation of verbal and written information and instructions.
- The ability to improvise and problem solve with limited resources.
- We will look at baby funerals, infant funerals and sudden deaths.
- Living funerals.
- We look at why the funeral industry is a big business and why the trends and dynamics are changing in this sector.
- Role and overview of others.
- Appropriate resource selection.
- Dealing with the officiant & third parties. i.e Florists & Newspaper intimations.
- Information about the mortuary and crematorium.
- Legal documents / certification
- Burials including natural & woodland funerals
- Memorial funeral services.
- Green / eco friendly funerals.
- Cremation by flame.
- Cremation by water.
- Health regulations regarding burials and cremations.
- Ability to relate to people from a range of social, cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Working with bereavement services.
- Time management skills.
- Working with funeral staff, and other associated professionals within the required protocols.
- Inside trade secrets and tips.
- Repatriation from overseas.
- Burial at sea.
- Adherence to professional dress standards.
- Ability to display dignity and solemnity.
- Stress management skills and the ability to manage emotions.
- The working of the Crematorium front and back of house.
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Arranger FAQ's.
- Homework, projects and role play.
- A fantastic insight into the funeral Industry.
- Carry out a full funeral arrangement – with peer and tutor feedback.
We've left nothing out
Becoming a Funeral Arranger isn't just about learning how to arrange funerals. Our courses offer you a lot more!
It is also about learning to deal with families in stressful situations and as well as many other things.
We'll cover the structure of the industry. You'll learn the legal bits you must understand. We'll teach you the tips, tricks and techniques.
By the end of the course you will be ready to step into this exciting and new career with a plan to execute and a community to support you along the way.
This Funeral Arranger Training Course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who wants to learn more about the topic.
If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then The Funeral Arranger Training Course is for you.
Whether you’re an existing arranger or aspiring professional, this training will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills.
Here is what you will get from us
You will receive (Our Bible) A sturdy bound training manual. Perfect to refer back to. The Arranger USB flash drive (Our Vault) containing forms, ready made sheets and documents done for you, and much more. A note pad and pen along with a useful carry bag to keep all your course materials together. You will also receive a free copy of "The Good Funeral Guide"
(Online delegates will receive all of the above by special delivery in advance of course going live)
On top of your ongoing unlimited support, we hold funeral C.P.D workshops and meetings every quarter with all our past students so, we can keep them on track and continue to support and mentor them.
LEARNING WITH THE ACADEMY
With a friendly and professional approach, The Academy delivers funeral training that is affordable, practical and consistently relevant to your needs. Our courses tackle many of the most challenging areas of business, where mistakes can often prove costly.
Our presenters are experts in their field and most importantly, they are all working in the industry, enabling them to use their own experiences to clearly apply the training in a relatable way.
If you are looking for on point training that works - Consider training with our Academy
Our courses will take you from ground level up and show you how to be a Confident Funeral Arranger.
Securing the right training has never been so important.
We specialise in small groups.
We don’t believe in overfilling our courses and feel this lessens the quality of training we provide to our students.
(maximum of 6 per class)
You can commence as a funeral arranger immediately following this training