Become a Funeral Industry Professional
Intensive full of practical information on becoming a caring funeral director. This is a comprehensive course, with a suitably qualified tutor & funeral director that provides you with the necessary knowledge required to be a successful funeral director.
The course will give you the required skills to enable you to be well trained when working with the bereaved, and to confidently conduct a fitting funeral service.
Our enriching and rigorous curriculum covers theory and practical, real-world issues, to assist students in launching and establishing themselves as a professional funeral director.
What's in your Funeral Directors Course?
There are Eight Modules, which each contain several units.
Topics that will be covered in-depth:
- Funeral industry overview.
- The role of a funeral director.
- Identification procedures.
- Thinking on your feet.
- Liaison with the funeral arranger and other staff.
- Coffin entry & exit of all styles of venues.
- Gaining the appropriate information to allow you to contact the family, and the ongoing need to communicate with them.
- Liaising with family and friends.
- Client communication techniques.
- Client Q&A.
- Bearing the coffin.
- The on call team.
- Pre checks before the funeral
- Conductor report
- Funeral transport
- The Funeral cortège
- Courtesy pre calls
- Accurate written and verbal instructions.
- Listening skills, grief awareness, empathy, confidentiality and respect.
- Understanding how to work with different personalities.
- Accurate interpretation of verbal and written information and instructions.
- The ability to improvise and problem solve with limited resources.
- We look at why the funeral industry is a big business and why the trends and dynamics are changing in this sector.
- Role and overview of others.
- Before and after the funeral service.
- Appropriate resource selection.
- Dealing with the officiant & third parties.
- Information about the mortuary and crematorium.
- Legal documents / certification
- Burial & Cremation funerals
- Church funerals
- Health regulations regarding burials and cremations.
- Ability to relate to people from a range of social, cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Working with bereavement services.
- Time management skills.
- Working with funeral staff, and other associated professionals within the required protocols.
- Inside trade secrets and tips.
- Adherence to professional dress standards.
- Ability to display dignity and solemnity.
- Stress management skills and the ability to manage emotions.
- The working of the Crematorium front and back of house.
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Funeral Director FAQ's.
- Homework, projects and role play.
- A fantastic insight into the funeral Industry.
We've left nothing out
Becoming a Funeral Director isn't just about learning how to conduct funerals. Our courses offer you a lot more!
The Funeral Director Course is what you are looking for if you want to become a Funeral Director to help out families in their time of need by conducting and managing meaningful funerals.
The Funeral Director Course aims to provide a complete look at every aspect of traditional / eco friendly funerals, including transporting the deceased and dealing with the family on the day of the funeral service.
We'll cover the structure of the industry. What happens before, during and after the funeral service. The course includes burial and crematorium funerals.
We'll teach you the tips, tricks and techniques. Learning to cope with families in stressful situations and as well as many other things.
By the end of the course you will be ready to step into this exciting and new career with a plan to execute and a community to support you along the way.
Here is what you will get from us
You will receive (Our Bible) A sturdy bound training manual. Perfect to refer back to. The Director USB flash drive (Our Vault) containing forms, ready made sheets and documents done for you, and much more. A note pad and pen along with a useful carry bag to keep all your course materials together. You will also receive a free copy of "The Good Funeral Guide"
(Online delegates will receive all of the above by special delivery in advance of course going live)
On top of your ongoing unlimited support, we hold funeral C.P.D workshops and meetings every quarter with all our past students so, we can keep them on track and continue to support and mentor them.
LEARNING WITH THE ACADEMY
With a friendly and professional approach, The Academy delivers funeral training that is affordable, practical and consistently relevant to your needs. Our courses tackle many of the most challenging areas of business, where mistakes can often prove costly.
Our presenters are experts in their field and most importantly, they are all working in the industry, enabling them to use their own experiences to clearly apply the training in a relatable way.
If you are looking for on point funeral training that works - Consider training with our Academy
Our courses will take you from ground level up and show you how to be a Confident Funeral Director.
Securing the right training has never been so important.
We specialise in small groups.
We don’t believe in overfilling our courses and feel this lessens the quality of training we provide to our students.
(maximum of 6 per class)
You can commence as a funeral director immediately following this training